Dear Parents / Guardians,
We are all looking forward to a positive start to the new school year. School will open for all students on Tuesday September 1st. We are complying with “The roadmap for the full return to school” in as much as is possible. Consequently the following changes will be implemented for the foreseeable future:
- Start and finish times will be staggered (see separate timetable for details). Please note different entrances.
- No children will be allowed in the yard before school to avoid crossover of classes.
- All classes will be brought to their exit gate by their teacher at finishing time.
- Uniforms – both old and new tracksuits and / or school uniforms are acceptable. These MUST be labelled as nothing can be stored in the school.
- All contact number and address MUST be updated immediately.
- Parents need to make an appointment by phone or email to visit the school. The contact email address for the school is email@example.com. Following health and safety guidelines face coverings must be worn and proper hand hygiene observed. Several hand sanitisers are available adjacent to all school entrances.
- No homework will be given for the month of September. All boys must have their own plastic pencil case clearly labelled with their name containing a pencil, pen, topper, rubber and colouring pencils as no sharing is allowed. These will remain in school.
- Sanitisers are available in every classroom and resource room for pupil and staff use. All classrooms will be cleaned and sanitised daily.
- If anyone in your household shows symptoms – high temperature, persistent cough, change in taste and smell etc, please keep your child and siblings at home. In the event of a child displaying symptoms in school, they will be isolated as per COVID-19 guidelines and you will be contacted immediately. Please ensure you are contactable at all times.
- The parking area on Patrick Street is for set down only . Please do not delay when dropping your son to school.
Staff are looking forward to returning to school and we will strive to keep our school experience as normal as possible in these extraordinary times.
Staggered opening and closing times:
- Please note the 3 different entrances/exits.
- Brothers to come in together at the later time given and whichever gate that later time is.
- No children allowed in the yard in the morning as they will go straight to classroom at stated time.
- Please drop and collect children at appointed gate. Teachers will be at these gates to help.
- It will take time to get used to the new system. Be assured the school will be flexible and patient.